chaos in paradise

Friday, July 01, 2005

First sewn Tahki tank


Well I'm proud I finally made an object I had to sew! I cannot sew and am not crafty. I have been procrastinating the sweater thing. My daughter even proclaimed I had a poncho, capelet fettish! So, I cheated a little and made a tank, a few seams less than a sweater.
The seams certainly aren't perfect. The second side is better than the first. I also have to have a book for everything I do, so I did use the Knitter's book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman. The pattern I got off of Elann.com which was the Tahki-Stacy Charles textured sleeveless top featured in the Spring Collection 2002. I modified it a wee bit by shortening the armhole length and lengthening the straps. The edges aren't so neat so I guess it looks handmade! I plan to wear it for a cookout at my mother's on the 4th!

3 Comments:

  • That is a great tank. You did a good job & it looks good on you. I may have to try it myself. Thanks for sharing! -knitlister

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/01/2005 11:42 PM  

  • The tank looks great on you! Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember: the "imperfections" you know about the tank are things others really can't see. Don't advertise any mistakes, etc. I bet you will get tons of compliments and just soak them up. Really, it looks great!

    Robin of Yorktown Heights, NY

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/02/2005 9:50 AM  

  • The tank looks beautiful. Trust me - nobody is going to be looking at those seams as closely as you have been!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 7/03/2005 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home